Ayurvedic Yoga Bodywork is a combination of Indian Deep Tissue Massage and Yoga-Based stretching techniques. The traditional method was designed in the early 1980s by Master Kusum Modak, a female student of B.K.S Iyengar in Pune, India, who had also been studying Ayurvedic Massage with her teacher Master LamayeMaharaj.
The deep tissue massage is given using both hands and feet with a combination of Calamus powder and organic oil to release toxins, improve circulation and prepare the body to receive assisted yogic stretches. Gradually the body and breath open and relax and a sense of balance is restored. An individual session of bodywork is done on a reed mattress on the floor and varies between 50-90min.
I learned this method from my teacher, Ananta Sylvain Gerard, a student of Kusum Modak, in Mysore on my last trip to India. I had received a session on a previous trip and was astounded by the sense of relaxation and well-being I experienced afterward. This indescribable feeling combined with the radiant energy and teaching skills of Ananta, inspired me to want to learn how to give this feeling to others.
Benefits of AYM:
AYM-ARYM bodywork brings many benefits on physical, psychological and energetic levels, among them:
- Harmonizes the flow of vital energy (Prana) and induces a deep sense of stillness and opening.
- Stimulates breathing capacity and promotes the circulation of all the body’s fluids.
- Releases tension in the muscles and loosens joint stiffness.
- Stretches fascia and realigns the body structure.
- Increases the range of movement in joints and improves correct posture.
- Alleviates stress, anxiety, lethargy and sleep-related problems.
R450 for 60-minute session
R600 for 90-minute session
Click here to request a session. or contact Tamaryn on 072 492 2722